Immigration Team Updates - July 2018
Six things you can do in the next two week for Families and Deportees!
(1) Join one of these rallies in Brooklyn on Saturday July 28- email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Brooklyn demands JUSTICE, REUNIFICATION and ACCOUNTABILITY - 9:00 AM Fort Greene Park Prison Ship Monument, end at Cadman Plaza Fort Greene Park Willoughby Ave. &, Washington ParkBrooklyn, NY 11217
Families Belong Together - We Demand Justice - 1:30 PM HSBC Bank1545 Flatbush Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11210
(2) Sign this petition calling for a Congressionally Mandated task force
(3) Attend the Deportee Suitcase Solidarity March - Thursday July 26th, 26 Federal Plaza, 5:30 PM. Bring ONE (1) OBJECT YOU WOULD PACK in your love’s suitcase as we shed a light onto the deportation machine that continues to cause violence and suffering on our communities. (event details here)
(4) Demand support for the State Law to Allow Licenses for Undocumented Drivers with HS Diplomas or equivalent Senate Bill 801 (in transportation committee)
Could have protected deported pizza delivery man.
Demand Cuomo enact by executive order (1-518-474-8390)
Register your support at https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2017/S801 - and with your State Senator and Assembly person.
(5) Stay tuned for info on the New Senate Bill: Reunite Every Unaccompanied Newborn Infant, Toddler and Other Children Expeditiously (REUNITE) Act
Introduced by Harris (D-CA), Merkley (D-OR), and Cortez Masto (D-NV) July 17th, co-sponsored by Gillibrand (NY).
(6) Train to Accompany Immigrants to Immigration Court or ICE Hearing
Sponsored by New Sanctuary Coalition NYC
Monday August 6th, 6PM-8PM, Community Unitarian Universalist Congregation at 468 Rosedale Ave WP, email@example.com